Below is the outline for our 8 hour class. Classes may cover different materials and go into the materials in different depths depending on the class length.
- Testing and Grading
- Other Course Information
- Course Policies
- How this Course Works
- What Are Your Expectations?
- You Will Need to Do the Work
- The Blue Mountain Approach
- Automatic Thoughts and Habits
- The Mind of a Thief
- What Was I Thinking? Oh, Right, I Wasn’t!
- Definition of the Mind of a Thief
- Mind of a Thief Thought Patterns
- Casing the Joint
- Can you identify the Mind of a Thief?
- Your Theft or Shoplifting Behavior
- Where Do You Fit In?
- Roger’s Story
- Why People Steal
- Teen Shoplifting
- Amateur and Professional Shoplifters
- Shoplifters Are Rarely Caught
- Why Did You Steal?
- Why Did You Steal - The Answers
- Everyone Feels the Effects of Shoplifting
- A True Story
- How Theft Affects Others
- Are You Affected by Shoplifting?
- The Picture Is Clear About Who Gets Hurt by Shoplifting – All of Us
- Shoplifting Statistics
- Mental Visualization
- What is Mental Visualization?
- Examples of Mental Visualization
- Understanding Mental Visualization
- Bertha’s Story
- How Often Do You Think About Stealing?
- Influential Thoughts – Vince’s Story
- Michelle’s Story
- Are Thieves Different?
- Mental Visualization in Other Areas of Life
- Cal’s Story
- The More You Think About Stealing, The More Normal It Seems
- Controlling Mental Visualization
- The First Step
- How Do You Stop Mental Visualization?
- Techniques to Stop Mental Visualization
- Relating to Mental Visualization
- Mental Visualization Summary
- Stages of Change
- Making Changes and Avoiding Consequences
- Making Changes in Our Pattern of Behavior
- Rule One
- Rule Two
- Rule Three
- Rule Four
- Rule Five
- Rule Six
- Understanding How You Can Change Your Behavior
- How Attitude Affects Behavior
- PAC – The Parent, Adult, and Child Attitude States
- How Negative Behaviors Get Reinforced
- Learning Rule 1
- Learning Rule 2
- Learning Rule 3
- How Learning Rules Work Together
- How Thinking and Behavior are Learned and Strengthened
- Skills in Managing Stress and Emotions
- Stress: The Positive and Negative Impacts
- The Stress Response and Your Risk of Relapse
- What is your level of stress?
- Emotional Stress Patterns
- Relapse and Recidivism and the Three Emotional Stress Patterns
- Recognizing the Thoughts After Feeling the Emotion
- Stress Relief Through Relaxation and Stretching